Case Study: Allstate

Client

The Allstate Corporation is the largest publicly held personal lines property and casualty insurer in America providing customers with auto and homeowners insurance.

Problem

Allstate came to IBC for help creating a game to be used as in employee training that would increase engagement and improve comfort in communication of company practices.

Results

The IBC team began this project with research on gaming to find out how people engage with games and how games aid in the learning experience. The team also discovered what motivates people during a game and the characteristics of various types of games. With this research and the input of Allstate representatives regarding what they are looking for in an employee training program, IBC created three different games that meet Allstate’s needs. Since this project, Allstate has hired three IBC students in both full time and intern positions.

Amy Floyd, Direct of Direct Sale Education at Allstate, said the following about working with IBC,

“I was so impressed with the quality of the material that came out of the IBC consulting group I would have likened it to any outside sourcing professional training organization that I might have used in the past. The quality was equivalent, certainly the depth of understanding of what I was trying to get was equivalent, if not better. But the best thing about this was I was working with a group of students that had so much enthusiasm that couldn’t be paid for in any engagement.”

Read Other Case Studies:

AllstateDow AgroSciencesFlexcoLandlockCity of Champaign